Post by Caulder Melhaire on Sept 29, 2017 1:37:24 GMT -6
The following rules exist to ensure that as many people as possible enjoy a peaceful, friendly, encouraging environment while visiting Remnants of Ash. We pride ourselves on being a laid-back forum, where roleplayers and world-builders can come together to have some fun, and our moderators will ensure it remains as such.
Remnants of Ash welcomes people of all walks of life, whatever their age, race, creed, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, ancestry, or disability.
Members may not, at any time, speak in such a way that assails others for their differences, nor for what they may perceive to be a lack of knowledge or talent in any area. Discussion on our differences is healthy, and encouraged, and teaches us all. We are creative, imaginative folk. Let us maintain an air of tolerance and/or open-mindedness in all aspects of the site.
People have been different from one another for thousands of years now, and the world hasn’t imploded. Nor will this forum. Our staff will deal with violators and hostility, promptly and strictly. We have suspensions, and ban buttons, and great flaming weapons of Doom™, and we are not afraid to use them.
Flame Wars are not tolerated. They will be doused with the kinetic rage of an airborne ocean struck all at once by gravity.
We define Flame Wars as
- Ongoing, impolite bickering in a thread or chat
- Verbal fights that have strayed beyond the boundaries of 'debate'
- Continuous attempts to derail, or repeated derailments of, any member's thread.
Agree to disagree, should civilized debate no longer be an option. We are all adults here, and we should be able to act as such. Walk away. Take a break.
Offenders will be notified of their violation, and asked to calm down. If the flame continues to rage, the thread will be locked, and warning points will be handed out. Those who persistently start or contribute to flame wars will be banned.
People curse in real life. As do characters in our games and stories. Remnants of Ash has a language filter, but as it functions site-wide, we have chosen not to enable it, so our members can enjoy an authentic in-character experience during game sessions.
Therefore, we ask that you please be mindful of what you’re saying, and how often you are saying it. We allow members of many ages, and do not wish to poison the minds of our younger members with wanton vulgarity. Moderators reserve the right to ask you to, “tone it down,” at any time. Here are some concrete rules for language and content around Remnants of Ash:
- Derogatory remarks regarding race, gender, sex, or sexuality are NOT permitted in common discussion. They will be edited out with asterisks if spotted, and offenders will get a warning from the staff.
- Obscenities in thread titles are not permitted and will be edited with asterisks as soon as they are found.
- Obscenities in usernames are not permitted. The staff reserves the right to request a user to change their name if it is deemed too offensive. If this request is not complied with, the staff reserves the right to manually change a member's username with our magic quills.
- The staff reserves the right to edit excessive language in all places except your in-game posts. Having a F-bomb in every sentence and using the S-word as an adjective is going to get your wrist slapped. See above: “tone it down.”
- Signatures and profile pictures may not contain foul language or inappropriate images (nudity, pornography, bloodshed, violence, etc...). These will be edited, and the offender notified. Though you may find an image or word pleasing or humorous, not everyone may share your dark sense of humor.
- Feel free to post whatever you like on your profile page, but be warned that x-rated material is not permitted there either and will be deleted at the administrator's discretion.
Here at Remnants of Ash, we love spammers! We love them broiled with lemon, we love them simmered in a stew, we even enjoy them wrapped in bacon and slow roasted. Skewered on a stick and mushed between two grahams and a chocolate bar once they’re squishy enough.
Kicked out the door by the seat of their pants, and our soiled boot tossed at the back of their head.
Remnants of Ash has a zero tolerance policy for spamming. We pay good money every month to ensure that our members have an ad-free experience, and we do not appreciate people coming in here and cluttering up the place with offers for Ugg boots and male enhancement medications.
Spam posts will be deleted, and the offending member will be entered into our ban filter. Spam messages through our private messaging system should be reported to a moderator or admin as soon as they are received. PLEASE DO NOT click on any links to outside sources in a PM or a general topic unless they have been vetted by our moderating team. We reserve the right to edit out any suspicious links, and re-edit them back in if proven safe.
NOTE: There is a difference between an active, long-time member posting a helpful link to an interesting site or product, and a newbie signing up with the sole purpose of drawing people to outside sources.
Private Messaging (PM) Violating
We do not tolerate harassment, spamming, or any other ill use of our messaging system. If someone is breaking this rule by sending you spam, pestering, or abusing you through Private Messages, please contact a moderator immediately. Send us a copy of the message the member is sending you, and that person will be contacted and issued a warning or banned, depending on the severity of the infraction.
The administrator reserves the right to remove the Private Message privilege from any member for infractions. Persistent violators will be banned. Spammers will be reported and banned.
We love our shoutbox. All members are free to post in it and discuss whatever comes to mind. We welcome questions, advice, random personal anecdotes. But there are some shouts that we frown upon and others that will not be tolerated.
- Do not use the shoutbox to advertise your personal website or offsite activities. This -may- be considered spam.
- Do not repeatedly spam images, gifs, smilies, videos, or outright posts in the shoutbox.
- The shoutbox is not your personal therapy session. While we value you, and want to support you in your times of trouble, posting hours of shouts about your woes hogs the shoutbox and renders it useless to anyone else. Please refrain. Please find a trusted friend or family member to help you through your troubles. Or continue such discussions with us through private messages or in a topic in General Discussion.
- Please see the language guidelines laid out in“Foul Content,” as those same guidelines apply to the shoutbox. Such remarks are open to the same level of censorship and/or punishment as if they were found on the forum.
Members who persistently misuse the shoutbox will earn a suspension from the shoutbox for a number of days dependent on the severity of the infraction.
Politics and Religion and Other Sensitive Topics
Yes, General Discussion says you can talk about anything there. Yes, people love discussing politics and religion, and current events. Yes, it almost always goes sideways.
You are not forbidden to discuss these topics, but we do urge to you exercise caution when starting a discussion about them. Please: please hold these discussions with care and civility. Any topic in this vein that goes up, automatically goes under the watchful eyes of our moderating team. “Discussions” and “Debates” that get out of hand will be asked to calm down, and then locked if things continue to spiral.
This goes for conversations in the shoutbox as well. Wildfires in the shoutbox will be asked to calm down, and then a suspension will be issued if the situation continues to escalate.
Let us use these discussions as a chance to learn from one another, and understand what makes us all tick, rather than forcibly change each other’s views on the subjects.
A Final Note
Rather than create an age-restricted forum for x-rated material, we simply do not permit it at the present time. Remnants of Ash does not currently permit any kind of X-Rated roleplays. Romantic elements and sparks between characters in a game is perfectly fine. Anything farther than that, and we ask that you use the rule of Yadda Yadda Yadda, and get back to the game.
Keep in mind - these rules can be amended at any time, as our moderators see fit. Excessive swearing will get it banned entirely, or words added to a list of do-not-speaks. Continued flame wars on a topic will get it barred from discussion.
This is our home, our playground, our lounge. Let’s all keep the floors clean, put our trash in the proper bins, and use a coaster when we toast to one another in the name of jolly cooperation.
Thank you, and welcome to Remnants of Ash!